APN, AN, MND, BAppSc, (HM&HlthSt)
Accredited Practising Dietitian and Accredited Nutritionist
I am an Accredited Practising Dietitian and Accredited Nutritionist who is passionate about helping individuals discover the power of nutrition for wellness, disease prevention and treatment.
I completed my undergraduate degree at the University of South Australia, graduating with a Bachelor of Applied Science in Human Movement and Health Studies. I then went on to complete my Master of Nutrition and Dietetics at Flinders University. After completing my studies, I began work as a community Dietitian and Health Coach. In late 2012, I commenced work as a Private Practice Dietitian and Dietitian Presenter. I have presented nutrition seminars and workshops to numerous organisations around South Australia, including Santos (Moomba), Defence SA, Adelaide University, SA Power Networks, Mining and Quarrying SA, and local and regional councils. I thoroughly enjoy working with larger groups, as well as one-on- one.
At the beginning of 2016, I began working as Lecturer at Endeavour College of Natural Health and, in the same year, founded my own private practice business, Abundant Life Nutrition. My approach to practise is to investigate the underlying cause of ill health, considering an individual’s physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing. For this reason, I have undertaken training in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and counselling, to enhance my skills as a Dietitian. Over my years of practise, I have witnessed, first-hand, countless cases of significantly improved health conditions and enhanced vitality using nutritional interventions, so I know the power of nutrition!
My special interest areas include:
- Food intolerances (including fructose, lactose, histamine and amines, oxalates and
- Thyroid disorders
- Gut-related conditions (including irritable bowel syndrome, coeliac disease, non-
- coeliac gluten sensitivity, crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis)
- Child and adolescent nutrition
- Eating disorders (including emotional eating, binge eating disorder, anorexia and bulimia)
- Genetic disorders (including MTHFR polymorphism)
- Skin conditions (including acne and psoriasis)
- Women’s health (including polycystic ovarian syndrome, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea and infertility)
- Weight management
I also use nutritional therapy to help treat the following problems:
- Poor stress tolerance
- Chronic tiredness and brain fog
- Frequent headaches
- Sugar cravings
- Excessive flatulence (gas), bloating, constipation and diarrhea
My mission is to help individuals nourish their body, honour themselves, and prosper in health. Importantly, I also practise what I preach, and love it!
I would be honoured to join you on your journey and help you achieve your health goals!
In preparation for your appointment with Jessica Sapwell, please complete a food and
symptom diary – link here.
For more information, please visit my website Abundant Life Nutrition.