If you are a doctor with an interest in Integrative Medicine, we would love to have a conversation with you. Dr Kylie Dodsworth is an experienced mentor for doctors who are learning more about this approach and she has mentored many doctors through the Centre and also within their own practice. We welcome expressions of interest for mentoring or for joining our team as a practitioner here at the Centre.
We are always keen to support doctors who want to incorporate this approach with their patients because we are so passionate about the outcomes we can provide for people to either stay well, or in returning to wellness.
These are the defining principles of integrative medicine:
· The patient and practitioner are partners in the healing process.
· All factors that influence health, wellness and disease are taken into consideration.
· The care addresses the whole person, including body, mind, and spirit
· Providers use all appropriate healing sciences to facilitate the body's innate healing response.
· Effective interventions that are natural and less invasive are used whenever possible.
· Because good medicine is based in good science, integrative medicine is inquiry-driven and open to new models of care.
· Alongside the concept of treatment, the broader concepts of health promotion and the prevention of illness are paramount.
· The care is individualised to best address the person’s unique conditions, needs and circumstances.
· Practitioners of integrative medicine exemplify its principles and commit themselves to self-exploration and self-development.
As doctors, we see more and more people developing chronic illnesses and 'lifestyle' related diseases. Our standard medical approach has limited tools to help these people and they are looking for answers beyond the lifetime use of prescription medications which generally offer symptom control rather than resolution.
Research shows that 70% of the population are already using one or more complimentary therapies, and they really want their doctor to be able to help them navigate their way forward with what to use and what really works.
Through learning about and using an Integrative medicine approach we can offer our patients an informed discussion and provide guidance in the use of safe and effective natural approaches.
There is a growing demand for Integrative medicine - our patients want this AND they need this!
If you would like to know more about how to incorporate an Integrative Medicine approach into your own practice, or you are interested in joining our team, please contact Ann Murphy our practice manager on email@example.com