The Use of Health Information Collected
As a patient of our clinic, we require you to provide us with your personal details and a medical history, so that we may properly assess, diagnose, treat and be proactive in your health care needs. Your personal information is used in the following ways:
- Administrative purposes: Billing purposes, including compliance with Medicare and Health Insurance Commission requirements.
- Disclosure to others involved in your healthcare: This includes your treating doctor and specialists or other practitioners you agree to be referred to outside this medical practice. This may occur though referral to other doctors, or for medical tests and through the reports or results returned to us following referrals.
- Disclosure to other doctors in the practice for the purpose of patient care and teaching: This may occur for research and quality assurance activities to improve individual and community health care and practice management. In this situation, only information that does not identify you is provided.
- To comply with legislative or regulatory requirements, such as notifiable diseases.
- For reminders and recalls which may be sent to you regarding your health care and management.
We always adhere to the strict Privacy Legislation laws which protect the privacy of your health information. You can choose to decline having your health information used in all or some of the ways outlined above, but if you do decline it may influence our ability to manage your health care appropriately and to provide the best outcome for you. If you have any particular concerns regarding the use of your information, please discuss these concerns with your practitioner.